Wealden residents are coming together to invest in renewables through a group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage.
Solar Together Sussex helps Wealden’s homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-approved installers.
This innovative scheme builds on six years of highly successful Solar Together programmes run across the UK. To date, Solar Together has delivered more than 14,000 installations and over 300,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
Wealden residents can join the group-buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points, as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation. Wealden council is working in partnership with East Sussex County Council, Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings and Rother councils and independent experts iChoosr, to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
Some households across Wealden will receive details in a targeted mail drop in the coming days.
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
For further information visit https://solartogether.co.uk/wealden/home
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr’s UK Solar manager, said, “With energy prices continuing to increase, residents of East Sussex are looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on energy bills and increase their independence from the grid.
“The Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.”
iChoosr has a strong track record of delivering group purchase schemes for local authorities. It has worked with 210 UK local authorities on its collective energy switching schemes. Furthermore, in 2018 UK councils, in collaboration with iChoosr, initiated their collective purchase schemes for solar PV systems. iChoosr’s schemes have been delivered in partnership with local authorities in five countries. More than 95 schemes led to 148,000 residents installing solar PV systems.
About iChoosr – www.ichoosr.co.uk:
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it had focused on collective schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium where it works with community leaders helping households to select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.