- Leave your bin out, including over the weekend. If your road is not emptied please leave the bin out ready for collection. This includes Saturday and Sunday with some catch up collections taking place at weekends.
- Several bin collection crews are between 1 and 7 days (including the weekend) behind schedule while they clear the backlog of waste that accumulated during the strike. If you are due a collection of rubbish, recycling or garden waste please place your bin out for collection as normal. Be assured that if your road is not collected on the scheduled day, they will be with you as soon as possible to catch up.
- To ensure your bins are emptied, please make sure they are placed out for collection by 6.30am on your scheduled collection day, or preferably the evening before.
- Please do not leave your bin in a position that will block the pavement for pedestrians, wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- If you are unsure which bin you are due to have collected or on what dates your collections are, please use the bin day search on our website at www.wealden.gov.uk Enter your postcode and select your address to see your bin collection days or download a collection calendar.
- There is no need to notify us if your road has not been emptied on the scheduled collection day. Our contractor, Biffa, are monitoring the progress of collection crews carefully to ensure that all roads will be collected within a few days of their scheduled day. Please only contact us to report your bin has been missed if your road has had the bins emptied but your individual bin has not.
- For extra recycling that cannot fit lose into the recycling bin, please place it in non-black bags beside the bin. We are unable to collect recycling when it is placed in black bags because it is cannot be recycled and is treated as contamination and may result in a rejection of the whole lorry load at the recycling centre.
Our customer service team are very busy helping people across a range of services. The most up to date information is available on our website
Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by this situation and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.