Temporary Guidance for everyone using
Sparrow’s Green Recreation Ground
The playground will reopen on Friday 24 July 2020
To ensure you are ready to use the recreation ground including the playground please read these simple instructions and plan ahead for safe fun.
You must read this guidance and parents should ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
- The playground equipment is checked regularly for damage, wear and tear and is inspected
annually by ROSPA but it is not sanitised.
- The public conveniences will remain shut until the new equipment has arrived.
- The equipment at the recreation ground is shared equipment, used at your own risk.
- Do not use this equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or is self-isolating.
- You are advised that you and your children should not use this equipment if you are clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable.
- Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the equipment.
- It is recommended that you bring and use your own hand sanitiser.
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – current advice is to maintain at least 1m and consider wearing a face mask.
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment
- Try to avoid busy times.
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you DO NOT LITTER.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the recreation ground and thank you for helping
to keep everyone safe by always following these simple instructions.